Once you have decided you definitely want to go solar, the next step to make it happen is choosing the correct company to get your solar system installed. This step is pretty important since if the installation process is not done correctly, you might lose your investment or you will need to spend more money than expected. This is why it’s so remarkable important to work with a company that offers you credibility and confidence.
You might be thinking, how can I know if I’m making the right decision the solar company I chose if I don’t have any knowledge about solar energy? You don’t have to worry about it; here is a simple guide that will help you to recognize a proper company.
During the first talks with the possible installer is when you should take advantage and ask as many questions as you can to prove the experience and professionalism of the person. Remember you are not in the obligation to provide any personal information such as social security number, date of birth, among others. These are the questions we recommend you to ask your installer:
Licenses and insurance
Every person that works in this field making solar systems installations is supposed to have the necessary credentials and being up to date with the insurance policies applied in the states where he is operating. We recommend you to have this information before choosing an installer:
- If he has the business license needed to operate with the insurance policies of the state you’re in.
- If the installations are going to be done by themselves or if they’re hiring an installing company. Verify if the people in charge of making the installation are correctly licensed.
- If there’s going to be a master electrician on-site once the system is installed.
It is highly recommendable to ask about the experience of the installer. You can make the following questions to get this information:
- How long have they been in the business?
- What’s the number of the solar systems they have installed before?
- If the company operates only in that area, or in several states.
- Ask them to provide previous clients ‘reviews or references if possible.
- How long they’ve been working for this company.
Warranties and secure procedures
As you should know, solar panels require a little bit of maintenance and their lifetime is calculated for 25-35 years depending on the environmental characteristics where it is placed. Anyway, you should be aware of how the process of warranty or replacement is in case there is a flaw in the system. You can make the following questions:
- What’s the way of contact in case there’s something that doesn’t work as it’s supposed?
- The types of warranties the company offers if they cover shipping and labor costs in case a replacement is needed.
- What are the time and process to ask for a replacement?
Remember: the first step to a successful installation is to trust. If you are full of doubts about an installing company or specific installer, continue searching until you find the right one for you.
What else is important to know to you in case of an installation? Leave a comment with your answer and remember to follow us on social media to always receive solar energy facts.